Tuesday 7 February 2012

An Example of Written Work

The first and second drafts of the screenplay are written, printed and ready for presentation. Ideally I'd like to have a go at a third draft, since I still feel I could expand on the world a little more but I want the storyboard to run from a finished draft, so I'll leave it there and work from that. That's for tomorrow, though.

Today's task is the written section of the portfolio. The written section other than this blog, that is. The part that will actually get read in the interview. NUCA's website suggest I include an example of marked work from a relevant A-Level course or, if none exists, 500 words on someone I admire, relevant to the course.

A film-maker, then. A director. Ridley Scott and Christopher Nolan would be the first names that come to mind if you asked me who my favourites are, but I'd rather write about someone with a more unique style, like Wes Anderson. Tarantino would also be an excellent choice, since he never went to film school, he just watched all the films. I think, however, that I'll go for Rian Johnson, since that gives me plenty of chance to talk about Brick, a film I like to talk about.

In fact, having just done a first draft of it, 500 words is not nearly enough to talk about Brick and The Brother's Bloom, let alone my thoughts on Looper and time-travel in general so the title has been changed from "Rian Johnson" to "Rian Johnson and Brick", giving me more room to waffle on about the links between Romeo+Juliet, Reservoir Dogs and Dashiell Hammett.

No comments:

Post a Comment